COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
- As a proactive response to the spread of COVID-19, Manitoba Education has directed all public schools in the province to suspend classes from March 23 to April 10. As a result, international students will not have classes during this time. Students will be given learning packages on March 20th.
- Because circumstances and information are changing rapidly, parents, agents, homestay families, and students are encouraged to visit the MVSD website regularly for the most current information: https://www.mvsd.ca/COVID-19/.
- If current students are experiencing any specific health concerns, they should visit the following link: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. They may then be advised to call Health Links line at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free). Please notify ISP staff of any direction provided by Health Links.
- It is extremely important for all students to exercise prevention measures such as social distancing, proper handwashing with soap and water, coughing or sneezing into your sleeve, not touching your face and keeping cell phone and other surfaces disinfected.
MVSD ISP and COVID-19 FAQ:
(click on a question below to view the answer)
1. Will absences appear on my report card?
2. How long will classes be suspended?
3. Does the ISP require that international students go home?
4. My parents want me to come home. What should I do?
5. If I choose to leave the program early, what is the refund policy?
6. What will happen if I can’t go home at the end of June?
7. What is going to happen to my school year?
8. What should I do during the 3-week absence?
9. Can students go out while their classes are suspended?
10. Can students spend time at their friend’s house? Can students have sleepovers?